Monday, January 14, 2013

New Way to Store Our Fruits and Veggies

We have changed our eating habits.  Instead of processed foods we have started eating whole foods and plant based items after much research and watching (on Netflix) a few documentaries like Forks Over Knives.  Our children are still eating and drinking dairy products.  The transition isn't as easy for them especially our daughter who is going to be nine next month.  She is a picky eater like I was when I was a kid.  It's going to take some time and patience for her to make the switch.  I am happy that we are eating more fruits and vegetables and minuscule amounts of sugar.  I feel so good!  We just finished up our first week and I haven't felt sluggish or have any pains in my chest like when we eat something really greasy and unhealthy.  My husband hasn't had any acid reflux or heartburn which he normally takes medication for everyday(but didn't this week).  The abundance of fruits and vegetables we were eating for the week was taking over our kitchen table and counter space.  After much thought I came up with this solution which I am very pleased with.  When I'm hungry for a snack or getting ready to cook I can see it all at one glance.  This particular shoe caddy was a little wider than our pantry door so I just folded over the extra column to the back and attached the hook through both sets of holes. 
 

2 comments:

Sarah@all seasons said...

I love that idea! I was running into the same problem and that is such a great use of the space on the back of a pantry or closet door! I'm totally going to try this. It would clear off a nice space on my counter top.

Heather said...

Thanks Sarah! It has really helped us so much having that free space back! Glad you are able to use the idea! Thanks for the comment! ;-)